01/02/16 19:41 Filed in: Permanent Makeup
- Guyliner is becoming very popular, thanks to men like Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies and by Pete Wentz, a member of the band "Fall Out Boy." #Guyliner is exactly what it sounds like: eyeliner for men. Use these tips to successfully wear this increasingly popular trend.
- Purchase black eyeliner. Unlike women, who can choose a rainbow of eyeliner shades, men should stick to basic black eyeliner.
- Start with a black pencil eyeliner. Pencil eyeliners are softer and more forgiving of mistakes than the liquid eyeliners. Once you master putting on #guyliner, you can switch to liquid eyeliner.
- Brace your arm against a bathroom counter and lean in very close to the mirror. Steady your hand, as applying eyeliner with a shaky hand will not create the desired result.
- Outline your eyes, top and bottom, making the line thick. Feel free to go all the way up both corners.
- Smudge the eyeliner upwards and outwards with your finger or a professional smudger to give it a smudged and less perfect look.
- Practice makes perfect. Even women who have been wearing eyeliner for years can mess up the application. Have make-up remover available the first few times you put on your guyliner. Expect to remove and reapply it a few times to get it correct.